Version 13.11 of SciDB is now available for download. We support three platforms: Ubuntu 12.04, RHEL 6, and CentOS 6.
The Community Edition of SciDB 13.11 includes:
- Significant performance improvements in the repart() operator.
- Fewer restrictions on the redimension() operator. It now allows nullable attributes to be converted to dimensions, and it no longer requires input and output dimensions to match.
- The multiply() operator, which remains in the product but has been deprecated. It will be removed from the product for 13.12. To multiply dense matrices, use the gemm() operator. To multiplye sparse matrices, use the spgemm() operator, which is available only in the Enterprise Edition.
- Deprecated support for non-integer dimensions. Only the int64 data type should be used for array dimensions. Refer to the SciDB forum for a prototype workaround for non-integer dimensions.
- The default output format for the iquery client. In this release, the default value remains unchanged, but in the next release, the default value will change to dcsv. All output formats will remain in that release, only the default value will change.
- The deprecated special value NA. Use NaN or Null instead.
- Deprecated support for NOT EMPTY and IMMUTABLE arrays.
- Deprecated semantics of unary operators over missing values. In a future release, the semantics will changed to return null (a special case of missing value where the missing code is 0), in order to be consistent with the semantics of binary operators.
- Deprecated semantics of aggregates involving NaN. In a future release, aggregates involving NaN will be changed to return NaN, to be consistent with the IEEE standard.
The Enterprise Edition of SciDB 13.11 includes:
- Significant performance improvements to the spgemm() operator.
- An improvement to the tsvd() operator; it no longer generates needlessly verbose log messages.
- Deprecated operators cumsum() and cumprod(). Use the cumulate() operator.
- Deprecated functions first() and last(). In a future release they will be renamed to first_value() and last_value(), respectively.
- Deprecated operators linregr() and logistregr(). Use the glm() operator.
To download the Community Edition of SciDB 13.11, see the downloads page of the SciDB forum. Then drop us a line at email@example.com to give us feedback and tell us about the analytics you perform with SciDB.